It was a Wednesday just like today. I woke up on the couch, my Mom on the other couch. She slept there because she wasn't feeling well. I slept there to stay close in case she needed something. She was having a lot of trouble breathing so we called the ambulance. We thought it was just another crisis like the million we'd already been through. By 7:30 a.m. when we arrived at the hospital behind the ambulance, she was already gone. No goodbyes. It's so vivid and raw this morning. I can't seem to fathom that it's been five years already; five years since my life changed forever.
It has been constant change ever since. Not all bad change, of course. In fact, some really wonderful change has happened this past year. But change is still uncomfortable and downright difficult at times.
I will give you a full update on the year soon, including where I'm at, but I don't have enough time right now. I'm hoping the tears will stop long enough for me to put on some make-up and then I'm on my way out of the house. I'm going to spend the day with the people I love and who loved my Mom. I'm sure there will be more tears, but there will also be joy and wonderful memories. God is good.
If you're stopping by here today to see where I'm at, I just ask that you pray. Please pray for joy and peace on this day.
Thanks, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment