Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back to the Grind

If you're one of the few who has been following my blog, you will have likely noticed my very obvious absence this past week. That is, of course, because I am back to the grind.

Back to work for another school year, as well as what seems like a thousand other commitments. They are all very good things that I am committed to, so I really hope to be able to give adequate attention to each.

It has been a really intense, emotional week. It was hard to begin another school year without Mom seeing me off to school on the first day. And I've really been stressing myself out about this entire upcoming school year. To top it off, every night this past week my Dad and I were painting in the farm house to help the selling process move along a little faster. It was demanding both physically and emotionally, with having to spend so many hours in the place I grew up, filled with many memories. I was definitely burning the candle at both ends, and not looking after myself the way I should.

This weekend has been a bit of a recovery time. I haven't been pushing myself too hard, although there's many things that I should be doing. I don't know if you ever feel like you're being given "extra hours," but that's what it has felt like so far this weekend. Friday night and all day Saturday have felt really long, like I'm being gifted with extra time. While of course, that's not possible, I'm just thanking my sweet Jesus for giving me a few peaceful moments. I have more to accomplish tomorrow after church, as well, but I have a feeling that God will keep me fairly relaxed about them, too, while helping me get done what I need to.

I know God is reassuring me that I will be able to make it through...not of my own strength, but only because I have Him to lean on. It never fails to amaze me how He really does give strength to do the things that He asks us to do. So, this next week, as I'm settling into the routine of another year, I'm going to be working on giving it over to Him. I'm also trying to keep my eyes on the bigger picture, as each day brings me closer to Home.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hang in there, Kath!