Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reason to Smile

Just wanted to share my reason to smile today. Okay, I guess it's two reasons. The first reason is that it's my Dad's birthday. It's kind of a big one, too. Not big by most people's standards, but by our family's standards, it's definitely a big one. Today is the day that my Dad finally became older than my Mom. Sound strange? Allow me to explain. My Mom was a year older than my Dad. He always teased her about being older. She died at 53. Today Dad turned 54. I can just imagine the enormous grin on Mom's face and almost hear the laugh that brought me so much joy just to hear it. That definitely makes me smile.

Reason number two is that the farm is officially SOLD as of today. I can't tell you what a relief it is after all of our hard work and waiting. It's kind of strange in a lot of ways, too. Thankfully we have had so much closure along the way, and a very definite assurance that God has placed us exactly where He wants us. It will be so wonderful to have our lives contained in one place. This news was an amazing birthday gift for Dad.

I'm liking this post. There were big reasons to smile today, but God graciously gives me many reasons to smile everyday. I just think it's sometimes easy to take them for granted, and to take for granted where they come from. If He's given you a reason to smile today, why don't you share it with me? I'd love to hear it. : )

No comments: