It's been nearly a week since we started the Heaven Bible study. I think it went well--there were six people in attendance. There's lots more room, if anyone else wants to join us.
I realize that I could possibly be considered "fanatical" about the topic, but if I'm going to be fanatical about anything, I'm happy to say that it's about my Jesus and the hope that He gives. I also realize that the Heaven book may not mean the same thing to everyone else as it does to me, but I won't let that diminish what it means to me. I can't begin to tell you the hope that it has given me. It means so much to me to understand what Scripture says about the place where I will spend eternity...with a God who loves me unconditionally...enough to DIE for me...and with my sweet Mom. It's the hope for an absolutely amazing future. And I'm not ashamed to say that it's a hope that has pulled me through (and continues to pull me through) the darkest time in my life.
It's my joy and honor to be able to share that with others. What they choose to gain from it is entirely up to them. My hope, however, is that others will get excited about Heaven, as well, to the point where it actually affects how we live our daily lives. My hope is that we can all live our lives in light of eternity.
*By the way, there is an amazing new Jeremy Camp song (not officially released yet) called There Will Be a Day. Click the title, and you can view the song on YouTube.
No comments:
Post a Comment