Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thankful

I've been contemplating what to write all weekend because, honestly, I've been finding it a bit difficult to be completely thankful this Thanksgiving. On one hand, I feel like I have every right to feel that way. It really sucks to go to family gatherings and have that empty spot at the table--to know that this is reality--treasured holidays spent without the one who treasured them the most. I sat there thinking how much she would have loved the food, especially the pumpkin pie. She appreciated those things so very much and it's hard to appreciate them as much without her. It has been a difficult weekend with many tears.

But on the other hand, I do realize that I have ridiculously many things to be thankful for. I could sit here and make a list, but then I'd never get to bed. I don't want to take for granted that my daily physical needs are more than just met--there is always more than enough. I have an amazing family and wonderful friends. And even if all that were taken away, I would still have the most important thing of all--my Jesus. For that, I am truly thankful.

I just have to share this photo today. It's one of my favorite photos. It was taken on my Mom's 50th birthday as we were out for lunch at one of our favorite places. It reminds me of the many memories that I hold close in my heart, and it makes me incredibly thankful that there are many more memories to be made in the future. : )

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That's a great picture Kathy!

*hugs*